Title: The Mahindra Blues Festival 2014
Year Of Release: 2015
Label: Oranjuice Entertainment
Genre: Electric Blues, Blues Rock
Quality: 320 kbps
Total Time: 106:40
Total Size: 264 MB
WebSite: Album Preview
01. Tedeschi Trucks Band – Midnight In Harlem (10:44)
02. Tedeschi Trucks Band – Made Up Mind ( 5:00)
03. Jimmie Vaughan – Scratch My Back ( 7:05)
04. Jimmie Vaughan – I Ain’t Never ( 5:12)
05. Lil’ Ed – Going Up, Going Down ( 6:35)
06. Lil’ Ed – Mess Around ( 3:44)
07. Zac Harmon – Boogie Down ( 8:42)
08. Zac Harmon – No Woman No Cry ( 6:47)
09. Doyle Bramhall II – Meet Me In The Bottom ( 6:00)
10. Soulmate – Shad Pynnang Pynnang ( 3:53)
11. Blackstratblues – The Universe Has A Strange Sense Of Humor ( 6:40)
01. All Star Jam – Let The Good Times Roll ( 5:54)
02. All Star Jam – Looking Back ( 6:36)
03. All Star Jam – Baby What You Want Me To Do (10:27)
04. All Star Jam – The Sky Is Crying/Shake Rattle And Roll (13:15)
Among the first bands confirmed to play at the Mahindra Blues Festival were The Tedeschi Trucks Band, formed by blues vocalist Susan Tedeschi and guitarist Derek Trucks, who has been voted number 16 on ROLLING STONEs 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time. Following their 2011 debut release Revelator, which won the Best Blues Album at the 2012 Grammy Awards, the Tedeschi Trucks Band released Made Up Mind in August this year, moving to a groovy, southern rock sound with equal acclaim. The Tedeschi Trucks Band, who branch out to a 10-piece live act featuring Tedeschis rugged vocals over Trucks roaring, dirty guitar licks, are the latest blues force who will debut in India in February. Tedeschi Trucks Band will also jam with American blues guitarist Doyle Bramhall II at the festival.
American blues guitarist and four-time Grammy winner Jimmie Vaughan will also debut in India in February for the fourth edition of the festival. Vaughan, who was confirmed to play the 2013 edition, dropped out in January after suffering a heart attack. Vaughan is now confirmed to play at at Mahindra Blues Festival, which takes place on February 15th and 16th, 2014 in Mumbai.
The lineup also includes blues guitarist Zac Harmon and Chicago blues band Lil Ed & The Blues Imperials, who will make their India debut at the festival. Indian bands on the lineup include Shillong blues rock act Soulmate and Mumbai instrumental rock band Blackstratblues. Says Owen Roncon, of festival organizers Oranjuice Entertainment, Jimmie Vaughan was keen on doing this show since he couldnt make it last year. Apart from that, our focus is on getting young blues acts and exposing a younger side of the genre.
Roncon adds that Soulmate will be an act to watch out for at the festival, where they launch their third full-length album and play a special set. Says Roncon, Soulmate are doing a brand new set. Theyre bringing a lot of their folk musicians from Shillong and planning to go with a folk blues sound.
For requests/re-ups, please send me private message.