Year Of Release: 2016
Label: VizzTone Records
Genre: Blues, Soul, R&B
Quality: 320 kbps
Total Time: 55:37
Total Size: 131 MB
WebSite: Album Preview
1. Why You Wanna Do It (With Wee Willie Walker) (4:35)
2. I Got What It Takes (With Tommy Castro) (4:27)
3. Yes He Do (With Victor Wainwright) (3:22)
4. Blues For The Westside (With Joe Louis Walker) (4:33)
5. Been Waiting That Long (With Frank Bey) (4:35)
6. Trampled (With Jim Pugh) (3:43)
7. Satisfied (3:47)
8. Warranty (With Terrie Odabi) (4:53)
9. Cherry Wine (2:52)
10. There Is Something On Your Mind (With Elvis Bishop) (4:30)
11. Back Room Rock (3:48)
12. Good Loving Daddy (4:27)
13. Soul Blue (With Chris Cain) (5:59)
PLAYDATE! is a freewheeling showcase for Wright’s soulful playing, singing and songwriting, and a celebration of the thriving West Coast roots music scene that is her playground. Nancy decided to follow her heart and have fun with this album, so she enlisted the help of many of her friends and touring partners, including: producer Kid Andersen; guitarists Tommy Castro, Elvin Bishop, Joe Louis Walker, Mike Schermer and Chris Cain; vocalists Frank Bey, Wee Willie Walker and Terrie Odabi; and keyboardists Victor Wainwright and Jim Pugh.
The album features Nancy’s songs and favorites, including a song by her friend and mentor Lonnie Mack that he never released. Nancy Wright lives in the San Francisco Bay area, and tours regularly around the United States, Canada and Europe, playing major Festivals and clubs with headlining artists and her own band. Recent appearances include New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, Bayfront Blues Festival, San Diego Blues Festival, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, and festivals across Italy and the Canary Islands. She is a popular regular on the Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise, performing this year with Tommy Castro and the Painkillers.
Her two previous albums, Moanin’ (2008) and Puttin’ Down Roots (2014) won her critical acclaim, a top-20 spot in the DownBeat Reader’s Poll, and a place in the West Coast Blues Hall of Fame.